The 2J News Slider is a great, commercial Joomla News component that creates a slide show from the articles on your website. If you want an automatic slide show that shows the article intro and thumbnail for articles in a section or category, this is the tool.
This Joomla News Slider cost $30, but it’s well worth it, and it works in Joomla 1.0.x and Joomla 1.5.x.
The 2J News Slider is easy to set up and configure. Once you install it, you create a new module and select 2J News Slider. The module has a lot of configuration choices. For example, you can rotate articles from a section, from a category, or from the whole site. This feature alone is worth the price of this handy Joomla extension.
There are several other configuration features worth mentioning:
- adjust the height and width of the module
- specify the number of articles to include in the slide show
- show or hide article images
- show or hide a “Read More” link
- configurable article rotation: ordering, creation date, hits, or votes
- show article titles only
- several transitions and fade effects to choose from
- specify the speed of the slide show
Just publish the module to a position and point it at a section or category. If you want, you can adjust the look and feel can using the CSS style sheet.
If you want to add some zing to your home page, or any page, on your Joomla Website, this is a great extension. Joomla Extensions Page URL: http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/news-display/articles-showcase/4415